Wednesday 22 August 2007

More random stuff

Hey all, what's been happening? It would be great if you could drop us a line or email and keep in touch! By the way, if you want to keep in contact with Jo, as a few of you have discovered already she now has a Facebook site. Her contact is via the drjoking@gmail.com address, but as I have no idea how to use facebook I can't give you more help than that...

Not much to report since my last post. Jo got really sick last week with a strep. infection and spent several days in bed and a week off work. Slowly recovering, but the best cure is apparently lots of rest.

We went down to the Viaduct (just west of the city) on Sunday to check out the New Zealand Coffee Festival. Not that I need another machine, but it was interesting to see what was on the market, and who some of the vendors and bean suppliers were. Free coffees are always welcome too.

The highlight for the day was a trans-Tasman barista competition between NZ and Australia, which involved several rounds of the teams producing copious drinks of high quality and artistic appearance in minimal time. Naturaly the Aussies dominated, much to the chagrin of the crowd (Kiwis don't like losing, particularly to Australians).

Since it was a clear day, we followed that up with a walk around the Viaduct harbour. After a several weeks of not getting out much, it was good to see some new ground for once, and get some sunshine.

We're planning on revisiting our Coromandel vacation in a few months, but in a few week's time we're heading to Napier for a week's holiday. More stories to follow I'm sure, hopefully not so dramatic as last time... (note to self: get car serviced soon!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, there are no photos of you (except a small one of you in the dark watching TV).

Anonymous said...

meh, you know what I look like. I haven't been in any accidents yet so my face still looks the same, and despite the daily cycling my legs are still sticks. Though the eyebrows are mysteriously getting longer...

Promise I'll get Jo to take some photos of me in a couple of weeks when we go to Napier.